Nothing says “Welcome to my reception!” like a magnificent wedding cake!
Questions to Ask the Cake Artist:
· Do you offer a complimentary tasting? Reputable companies do. Do not purchase a cake from a bakery that does not taste good or is not structurally sound. If they cannot control these issues in their bakery during an appointment, it is unlikely they will be able to on the wedding day at another location.
· Do you deliver and what is your charge?
· How will you guarantee the cake at my event will taste as good as the cake I have at my tasting? This is where referrals will come in handy from those who have had cake and an event from this bakery.
· What is your payment plan and cancellation policy?
· What extra charges and upgrades are there? There may be charges for columns, flowers, ribbon, fondant, special design, etc.
· How far in advance do I need to order my cake? The more popular bakeries book some dates up fast, it would be to your advantage to book your cake within four to six months before the wedding.
“Donnie Brown Weddings, from the couture to the cake”
(star wedding planner of the Style Network’s WHOSE WEDDING IS IT ANYWAY?)
Butch Stivers, Owner of Delicious Cakes